Our first board meetings of 2018 are this week. Committee meeting is Tuesday, 1/9 at 8:30am and our Board meeting is on Thursday at 4pm. Here are your links to agendas and materials:
On the surface, the agendas are a little on the lighter side. Here are the biggies that will warrant more discussion and attention:
- Update on bond refinancing. The finance team recently refinanced $220 million+ of bonds, which has a present value savings of approximately $22.3 million in debt service. (Committee meeting only)
- Update on state and federal legislation. The Nebraska unicameral and Congress are both back in session, and we'll receive an update on bills that may impact the district. (Committee meeting only)
- Strategic Directive 6: Safety. We'll vote on whether the district is compliant with our safety strategic directive. (Discussion in Committee. Board consent action item.)
- Strategic Directive 13: Community Outreach & Communication. Stemming from the board's discussion at our July 2017 workshop, we're refining this strategic directive. It's gone through multiple iterations in Public Information Committee. The full board will review and determine whether it's ready for public comment. (Committee meeting only)
- We'll receive an update on the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. (Committee meeting only)
- Updates on litigation and cyber security. (Committee meeting closed session only)
- We'll consider compensation adjustments for Kate Brown and Mo Doghman (Preliminary discussion in Committee meeting closed session. Voting at Board meeting)
- Election of Board Officers (Board meeting only)
OK, so maybe the agenda isn't quite as light as I was thinking! As always, give me a call or shoot me an email if you have any comments or questions.
Onward and upward.